With a massive career spanning over 25 years in the music industry, legendary New York DJ/Producer Timmy Regisford unveils his long awaited new studio album titled 'At The Club' on Tribe Records.This exciting new project sees Timmy enlist musical royalty including regular cohorts Kenny Bobien, Arnold Jarvis and Afrobeat superstar, Fela Kuti. Alongside the heavyweights are the blazing vocal talents of Georgia Cee, Nickson & Amera Light and Lynn Lockamy who appears on the mighty album title track single. 'At The Club' is a 13 track masterpiece from one of the greatest purveyors on the scene, as Timmy eclectically joins the dots between afrobeat, soulful, deep and gospel house, weaving a rich musical tapestry tailored for the dancers.
Trinidad-born, Timmy Regisford is known for his brand of soulful dance music. He started in 1985 at WBLS radio station in New York City, where he worked as Assistant Music Director, later being promoted to head Music Director of the station. In 1988, he became A&R Director of Atlantic Records, signing such acts as Miki Howard and Levert. His next career step embarked on working for MCA Records as their A&R Director, where he developed artists Loose Ends and Colonel Abrams. He would soon go on to sign acts Guy and Eric B & Rakim. Regisford later became Vice President of A&R at Motown Records, signubg acts Milira, Blaze, Basic Black, Today, and Johnny Gill. Along with his A&R work for these labels he is credited in many remix projects with Patti LaBelle, Steel Pulse, New Edition, Bobby Womack, Gladys Knight & the Pips, The Boys, Diana Ross, Gerald Alston and Stevie Wonder. In 1996, Regisford became Vice President of A&R at Dreamworks Records. Timmy Regisford was also one of the founding people behind the legendary Club Shelter parties in New York City. The inception of his internationally acclaimed club parties 19 years ago helped pioneer the soulful house music sound that has shaped the face of house music all around the world. Timmy's much sought after productions and remixes are a plenty, gracing associated Shelter record labels 157 Shelter Records, Restricted Access, Un-Restricted Access, through to international labels such as West End, King Street, Apt, Pony Canyon and more. He has also released many mix albums including 'NYC True 'Classics,' and The Legacy Of Shelter among others. In recent times Timmy launched a new after hours club night in NY called Areacode where he is resident DJ.
Tribe's motto of 'One Sound One People' captures the essence of what this company is all about. Music and dance is at the heart of this organization created by partners Dean Zepherin and Matt Langrish Smith in spring 2008. Simply wanting to inject new life into dance music that had a more worldly approach to its sound Tribe set out to promote positive communities through their international events and record releases. Since it's inception the label have built up some serious momentum releasing high quality soulful and deep sounds stretching from all corners of the globe Releases include artists such as Peven Everett, Bevan Godden & Arnaud D, Nathan Adams, Jerry Flores, Duce Martinez & Kenny Bobien, Urbanism and many more. With club residencies based in Paris, Miami and London amongst featured performances around the world, Tribe have managed to build a loyal following of people around the world with music and art lovers.
What the press are saying..
Blues and Soul - 'At The Club' spans 13 tracks and promises a meaningful, deep-rooted blend of soul-house (a sound he helped pioneer back in the day,) aisle-stompin' gospel house and funky afro-beat. ' Resident Advisor - 'it's a strong effort, one that sees the seminal Regisford adapting to the times with aplomb.' 69 Magazine - 'Timmy eclectically jons the dots between afrobeat, soulful, deep and gospel house.'
The album has been championed for the last few months by the likes of Joe Claussell, Danny Krivit and Timmy himself at his AreaCode residency in New York.
WRITING / PRODUCTION:-
1. The Djoon Project feat. Kenny Bobien - Written by Kenny Bobien. Produced by Greg Gauthier. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios.
2. Sorrow Tears And Blood - Written and performed by Fela. Remixed by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios.
3. Beats Of No Nation - Written and performed by Fela. Remixed by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios.
4. Game - Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios.
5. How Does This Feel - Written and performed by Georgina Cee. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios.
6. Make Me Love You - Written and performed by Nickson and Amara Light. Produced by DJ Hypnosis for Stick-Out Music. Remixed by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios.
7. Masterpiece - Written and performed by Arnold Jarvis. Cords written by Blaze. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios
8. At The Club - Written and performed by Lynn Lockamy. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios
9. Someone Like You - Written and performed by Lynn Lockamy. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios
10. Special One - Written and performed by Arnold Jarvis. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios
11. Still - Written and performed by Arnold Jarvis. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios
12. Torture - Written by Lynn Lockamy And Eric Frazier. Performed by Lynn Lockamy. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios
13. You Give - Written and performed by Arnold Jarvis. Produced by Timmy Regisford and Adam Rios